Every year, during the days leading up to the New Year celebrations and after, the city of Dubai is transformed for its annual shopping extravaganza, the “Dubai Shopping Festival,” or (DSF). Held for 34 days each year between 26 December to 28 January, DSF is famous not just among international shoppers, but also food and fashion lovers, and tourists who just want to have a great time while ushering in the New Year.
Listed below are the reasons why one must travel to Dubai during the Dubai Shopping Festival:
- Amazing discounts and duty-free shopping – The DSF is a golden haven for shoppers looking for the best of international brands at lowest prices. No other festival offers discounts up to 80-90% on your favourite brands. DSL is also famous for its 12-hour Exclusive New Year shopping, which offers private shopping in popular mall outlets around the city including the Majid Al-Futtaim Mall, City Centre Al Shindagha, City Centre Deira, and much more.
You will also find the best of duty-free items in the Dubai airport shops, which keep up their stocks to attract international travellers.
- Scintillating light shows and fireworks – Savor the exuberance of watching some dazzling fireworks over the world’s tallest building, the Burj Khalifa. Yes, it happens daily during the DSL weekends, and it is an experience you cannot miss. Other than fireworks, you are sure to be entertained by the regular flash mobs, and the light shows over the Festival Promenade, Dubai Creek, and many more such landmarks.
- Treat your palate to a variety of international cuisines – Due to its multi-cultural environment, food lovers are treated to the best of international cuisines and drinks, practically served under the same roof. Along with the food variety, you could also enjoy some live music and entertainment. Street food lovers can relish the offerings of multiple food trucks offering your favourite cuisines.
- Outdoor markets and entertainment – Get ready for some outdoor entertainment and live music at the Burj Park during the last ten days of the DSL. Along with the display of emerging fashion brands, you can have a great time at the bustling Burj Park with an array of onstage performances, live music, along with some pop-up cinema.
- The best of fashion shows – Upon the arrival of its shopping festival, Dubai becomes the preferred location for hosting many fashion shows including the Fashiontainment, Fashion Express, and the Street Runways. Along with fashion models sporting the best of international brands such as La Martina and Reiss on the runway, you can also spot the latest trends in sportswear, chic style clothing, and futuristic fashion. Be it the Street Runways that take place outdoors or the Fashion Express in stores at the Ibn Battuta Mall and the Dubai Festival City Mall; fashion lovers can treat themselves to some colourful fashion clothing, high energy dance performances, and some top-notch music performances by international stars.
- The best of Dubai tour packages and deals – Looking for the best tour packages to visit the city of Dubai? The best of travel packages from renowned travel operators are available during the course of the DSF. Along with flight discounts, travel promotions, and hotel rates, you can be assured of getting the preferred deal from both local and international travel companies.
Besides the shopping extravaganza, Dubai offers plenty of other fun activities for tourists to enjoy themselves. You and your family can cool yourself at the many artificial water parks with its gamut of amusement rides, go on a desert safari, or visit the exotic locales of the Palm Jumeirah. There is something for everyone in Dubai!