The automobile industry has been a boon for humankind. Since its beginning during the First World War, it has developed rapidly and has become more advanced. But along with this benefit of improved transportation, the number of car accidents has also increased rapidly.
Here are the 5 major causes of car accidents:
- Mechanical failure: Mechanical failure is another villain for passengers and drivers as far as vehicles and automobiles are concerned. Mechanical failures are mostly unforeseen and can’t be avoided. Things like tires bursting, failure of breaks, breaking of car’s suspension, etc. are some of the common types of mechanical failures that can be fatal and have caused huge losses of life. This not only affects the failed vehicle but also the surrounding others. One way to avoid this is to maintain your car properly and do check-ups and servicing at regular intervals. However, this can’t guarantee the prevention of mechanical failure but decreases the chance up to a significant extent.
- Old vehicles: Vehicles have a lifespan and they should not be used beyond that. Extremely old vehicles are synonymous to coffins on wheels. The mechanical as well as electronic parts of older vehicles get weak and lose their working efficiency. They can fail at any time resulting in a fatal car accident.
- Negligent driving: This is the major cause of car accidents across the world and has claimed a huge number of lives. The negligent acts of drivers share up to 60 percent of the total causes of car accidents. The saddest part of this is that due to the negligence of one person, many innocent people can also suffer. Negligent driving and distraction during driving can be extremely fatal.
In such cases the victim has the remedy in the court of law and can file a claim for compensation for the following:
- Medical expenses;
- Loss of quality life;
- Loss of income;
- Damage to property;
- Legal expenses.
It is always advisable to hire a car accident attorney before filing the claim. The benefits are:
- Easy redressal of hectic court procedures;
- Meritorious claim with well-calculated compensation;
- Easy to defend against contributory negligence.
If you have also been the victim of a car accident due to other’s fault you must contact New County Car Accident attorney for claiming compensation successfully.
- Poor weather: Poor weather or bad climatic conditions are known to have caused a serious amount of crash crashes and accidents all around the world. Dense fog, heavy rainfall, cyclone, speedy winds, and storms are some of the major contributors to car accidents. These types of weather or climatic conditions interfere with the dynamic and mechanical functioning of cars and vehicles and make lose their balance. Dense fog and heavy rainfall not only reduces the visibility extremely but also hampers the vehicles’ traction and grip on the road.
- Poor maintenance: Poorly and badly maintained cars can suffer mechanical or electrical failure at any time and can cause an accident. This is also one of the substantial causes of car accidents. It is extremely important to service the car regularly.
These are some of the major causes of car accidents and it is very necessary to take sufficient care and precautions to ensure that one of the best innovations of humans doesn’t become the reason for worry.